Here’s a great post from a blog that all aspiring authors should be following. Thanks a lot Carly Watters for the original.
What agents look for in a main character:
- Degree of likability
- Have a strong and unique voice
- They feel like they had a real life before the book started and after the pages are done
- No coincidences
- Motivation for what they do
- That we meet them at an interesting point in their lives
- Most importantly: They must have a secret. What are they hiding?
All strong and interesting characters carry a secret with them. A secret that is slowly revealed to the reader. A secret that some find controversial always helps. A secret that the character has to explain and is the reason why they do what they do and why they are the way they are. And
View original post 22 more words